Tuesday, April 1, 2008

If this cycle works ...

it will be a true miracle. I spent all day Sunday packing up my apartment, cleaning, and running errands. JD left at 4:32 am on Monday morning so that he could catch the 4:40 am bus to the airport. And I got up and started running errands again. I dashed to the airport early because of gray skies (which always means delays in NYC), registered as stand-by on 3 flights only not to be seated, ran between the different gates, finally boarded my connection flight and then dashed through Philly to my international flight ... obviously, there was no way my luggage was going to make it (which means I won't shower until it does ...). My backpack alone probably weights 20 lbs from all the books I need and I have lugged it through 2 airports, a bus, a train, a tram and a little hike to my hostel ... only to remember that I need someplace to sleep on Friday and Saturday nights.

But then there is always a little good news. While trying to get on a stand-by flight, I had the presence of mind to call Dr. #2 (for now, my NYC 2nd opinion) for lab results. And I got the voicemail just as my international flight was pulling away. They are waiting on a few genetic tests, but otherwise everything looks great. My corti.sol is still out of the normal range but no longer sky-high (this test was after all done a few weeks ago, before we'd started cycle #2) and he said he doesn't think it should interfere. So if this cycle doesn't work, it's straight ahead with the next cycle when I'm back.

A few little thoughts on my corner of the world (aka: Guess where I am now):
a. It is gross that people sit in cafes here and chain smoke. Partially because they blow smoke in my face, but much more because I land up reeking of cigarettes for the rest of the day
b. This is a very civilized country where nobody knows how to set up wireless networks
c. The only vegetarian food in this country is carbs with sugars. Period.
d. Oh, and they don't believe in artificial sweeteners. Neither of 2 rather fancy places I went looking for wireless today had spl.enda (or anything similar)

So that's it for now. I'm exhausted, worried about being exhausted, still trying to find someplace to sleep before I get my sublet next week, and off to work in the morning.

No comments: