I realized the pool is not going to happen because I don't want to take the tram a half hour each way to go swimming for 30 minutes, and it's expensive. Or at least it's not going to happen much.
So tonight I marched into the gym in my building to ask about membership rates. Turns out that it is much, much more reasonable than NYC (although the hours are of course worse). I figured I might as well ask about personal training too since I'm so nervous about what I'm allowed to do at this point.
The cute, 20-something guy said personal training was expensive but that the trainers are always available for questions and if I come in during a quiet time he'd be happy to help. He asked if I had any specific questions, so I asked about his credentials. And then right out of my mouth came "I'm p- and I don't know what I'm not supposed to do while working out." And he gave me the look I used to give those bikini-body women who were always shopping the maternity section at ol.d n.avy when I worked retail (you know, the women who got pregnant all of 20 minutes ago in the bathroom across the hall and aren't exactly showing yet but still seem to enjoy shopping for plus-sized clothing. We even had a fake bump they could wear to see how things would fit.) and said "I'd be happy to help."
So there we have it. I voluntarily shared my 'news' with a cute guy my own age at the gym before I told my own mother. But I think some very, very light cardio and a 5 lb weights (I normally lift 10, so that really shouldn't be a stretch for me) might make me feel better. Right now I'm not freaked out about this. I expect I will be by the time I make there at 9 am tomorrow morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sounds healthy. It should improve bloodflow to your uterus which is always good. The only major caveat I ever received was to not lie on my back - so no bench work.
Post a Comment