I just got off the phone with JD. While on the phone, I burst in tears. And sobbed for about 5 minutes. I never do this. I really wonder what's going on in my body right now. I hope this is normal.
And the cause of the meltdown? A trivial wedding detail that I had planned, and that has been vetoed by the cantor. I guess this is why most people don't tackle both of these situations at the same time.
I bet JD is glad tonight that he's going to miss this whole trimester if things go well.
Revision: The more I think about it the more I really, really care about this. But I'm not going to get my way. I just don't get it. My religion is so important to me. I plan to raise observant children. JD is fully committed to that too. And yet every chance they get, my religion pushes us out. I have already tentatively scheduled a meeting with my rabbi in NYC to see if he will be ok welcoming our little secret, should we get that point, into the community. And I guess if he says no I'm supposed to dutifully trudge off to find someplace else that might welcome us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your religion pushing you or doesn't seem like a minor issue to me! I am sure the hormonal changes would make it hurt worse.
I've clearly found you blog late in the piece, but congratulations on your p-word,
J
Post a Comment