Thursday, April 3, 2008

Not a symptom in sight

No cramps, spotting, pains or aches of any sort. Nada.

I don't think that's a good sign.

And I realized that I can't even act out my fantasy of not testing and waiting for my body to let me know what's going on (because in that fantasy I either a. get a quasi-normal period b. get to wake up one morning 3-4+ weeks post ovulation and think 'oh my! maybe i'm pg!') because ... I need to start bcps for the next cycle. So there we have it - I'm trying to focus my thoughts on that cycle, and our possible IVF in July.

It was good to get this far but I just don't think I can invest much energy in daydreaming about this cycle.

And tonight, without even thinking, I made plans to rent an apartment next fall that I absolutely could not live in with a baby. I guess if we get to that point it'll be another round of IVF in late spring 2009.

4 comments:

Dr. Grumbles said...

It all sounds so familiar.

Oh, the fantasy of just "realizing" you could be pg.

And the plans for the future...

Like my hubby buying a pickup truck and asking, "Well can't you fit a baby seat right here?"

Anonymous said...

How frustrating!

Well, if you decide to do an IVF cycle in July, we can worry and obsess together. :)

Rachel said...

We have the same name and our birthdays are only a day apart. Cool. I am a little jealous, though, that you're in a cool European city and I'm in Themiddleofnowhere.

I know it's easier said than done, but I think you should try to relax as much as possible because you really never know. If the answer truly is no this time, at least you have a plan. I have found having a plan to be a wonderful way to focus forward. In this IF roller coaster, that's imperative.

Dagny said...

oh yes, that fantasy. I have had it more times than I can count.

xoxoxoxox