Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sometimes I feel dumb

I had one night of pretty sharp pain in my ovaries this cycle. That was the Saturday night after we triggered at 9:40 am on Friday (yes, I was running between events). It took me until tonight to figure out that, um, I should have been ovulating that Saturday night. In fact, 36 hours would have been 9:40 pm and I seem to recall calling JD and picking a fight with him right around 10:30 pm. Granted, the fight was not entirely illegit. He needed to be home, obviously. And he was at a bar. But he got there soon enough.

So ... tonight my ovaries started to hurt again. Quite a bit. And I start to get a little excited that, um, something might be going on there. Wow. And in my ever-so-brilliant mind, I rationalize this by thinking well, there's nothing else that could make my ovaries hurt. I've read of OHSS starting a few days post-ovulation, but not 12. It didn't take so long to get my eureka moment tonight. I guess these could be my first-ever cramps before AF. I really hope none of you have pain like this on a regular basis.

I am now in possession of a neatly-wrapped little pee-stick which will inform me whether I am indeed 'zwanger' or not (try saying that with a straight face). Thanks to the war in Iraq and our president's economy policy, my little stick cost me something like $40. I just want to remember how proud I was that we got to a 2ww, even if this is (the presumed) negative. This is a really big step for us, and it really does bode well for the future. Of course, next time less than 30 follies and a trigger about 7 days earlier would be great, but that's just a detail.

No comments: