Tuesday, April 1, 2008

In which I reveal my total ignorance

of how a woman's body is supposed to work. (Not all my fault: I have been anovulatory since age 11).

But, saying I didn't want to take a pee-stick test, when would I expect bleeding? Since I most definitely ovulated this month. I don't think I can't count from the beginning of this cycle because it took an extra week for my eggs to mature (original trigger date 3/22 or 3/24 at the latest, actual trigger date an early 3/28 'to minimize chance of multiples'). So here's what the schedule was like:
I think CD1 should have been 3/8 but was actually more like 3/13
Femara 3/15
Injectables 3/18-3/27
Trigger 3/28

And truly TMI: I often don't bleed until 7 days after ending bcp or sometimes never after progesterone to induce bleeding. Will that matter after a cycle with ovulation?

Do I just wait 2 weeks from the trigger and ignore the total length of the cycle?

2 comments:

Ariella said...

Hi thanks for the comment on my blog. My RE has never had more than four follies develop on Femara at my dosage. She also is avalible for extra monotering if I need it but I only pay upfront for one. Injectables are diffrent though and require much more monotering.

As for testing if you were to have a normal lenthth LP then you would test at 14 dp trigger. GL this 2ww!

Ann said...

Well, actually, if you were going to get a period, it would probably be on the 15th or 16th day after trigger (since ovulation probably occurred the day after trigger). But you can test a couple of days earlier, if you want to!

Congrats on the ovulation! Best wishes on this cycle.