And trying to make the most of it. It's almost 11 am here and I am sitting in bed eating chocolate and catching up on my blog-reading. I don't think the weight loss is going to be a problem for much longer.
And I am trying to focus on the good things. And ignore the fact that I am absolutely terrified of my next ultrasound on May 7th (the heartbeat one). May 7th will be a long day no matter what, since I have a morning meeting, then a trip to a little village for my scan (apparently the big hospital was booked for 2 weeks straight), and then a phone interview for something or other. And it's JD's birthday. And nobody can go with me to the scan. And try as I had been to avoid thinking about the final consequence of my little gut growing, I've been daydreaming a lot.
In other news, my friends basically suck. To be precise, my so-called close school friends. There are 10 days between when I return to the U.S. and when I actually get to JD's apartment. And I have figured out places to sleep for most of those (my apartment is sublet), but I have 2 nights when I really need to be near campus (meetings ending at 10 pm and starting again at 9 am the next morning, early morning flights). So I e-mailed several of my dear friends.
It's New York. I understand it's inconvenient to have someone stay in your tiny apartment. And yes, if you responded with a negative to my request you would need to put in an excuse of some sort. In case you're having trouble thinking of one, here are a few suggestions:
"We've misplaced our couch, but I'll let you know if we find it."
"My (invisible) friend is actually crashing with us that night."
"Actually, I hate you so I don't want you around."
The point is, it's not that hard to think of an excuse. But simply not responding to my question at all, but sending a reply to the rest of the e-mail content is incredibly rude. And since I'm a bit emotional I really don't want to deal with it. If you can't bother to even respond no to a simple request, don't even think about showing up to my wedding (I admitted I was emotional already, right?).
Because this grumpy girl is looking at one night on the floor of the library and a night in JFK airport. I just don't have money for hotel rooms in NYC and because I'm super-busy these nights, it's not worth the 2.5 hour commute (each way) to JD's parents or the 1.5 hour train ride up to the Bronx or the middle-of-nowhere Brooklyn where my real friends live.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm in NYC. Seriously. You can PM me at: dltucker88 at g mail dot com
Don't know you're dates and if you are allergic to cats well, it just won't work...but maybe I can help.
Post a Comment