Problem is there's not much to do. Almost everything closes at 5 pm. I cannot go to a bar or even a cafe because of the smoke. And of course, there's nothing I can drink there. Especially with pesach starting in mere days.
So, I'm going to try and go swimming tomorrow. I love swimming and I would love to start swimming again before the wedding. My body is in plenty good enough shape (I'm no supermodel, I just have low expectations and it works pretty well for me) except for my arms, and there's nothing easier to tone them for me than swimming. I'm pretty sure its ok and I certainly won't be exerting myself too much. I figure 20-30 minutes of a slow breaststroke can't be much more exertion than my walk to and from the train every day. The problem is that the closest pool to me is heated (um, not ok) and doesn't have lanes. And there's only one pool in the city open past 5:30 pm on Thursday. So I'll have to take the train to the pool. Oh, and I hate crowded pools. And showering before I get in the water. And feeling awkward about joining a lane. But I'm going to try it tomorrow. Then it's pesach, ultrasound Monday, and then I'll hopefully have some idea what other exercise is ok and exactly how obsessive I need to be. Or at least at that point I'll be able to consult my mother.
ps - If you've been told not to swim at this point, please tell me. One little side effect of being abroad is that I have not a single scary book with me to give me all the warnings. I'm just making them up as I go along.
And for reading this far, my favorite photo of the day. I love the clouds. It did not rain.
Edit/Update: I am going to relax. Soon. It's just hard to do so when I really have no idea what's going on and I'm all alone abroad. I will get over this soon. I think talking to my mother next weekend will be good.
1 comment:
Heated pools should be okay as long as they don't heat them above 95F. I'm too lazy to convert right now.
Another beautiful picture.
Oh and don't forget to eat only pasteurized foods/drinks if you want to be extra cautious.
Post a Comment