Friday, April 18, 2008

'Till Monday

It's almost shabbos here, so I just wanted to wish you all a wonderful weekend and for those of you celebrating pesach: Chag sameach.

I have my ultrasound at 5 pm on Monday (23 dpo). I have been assured by my most dedicated and knowledgeable readers that there's a very good chance that they will be able to count exactly what is happening (I know we're at least a week too early for a heartbeat). And I will be focusing on thinking positive thoughts until then, and demurely declining at least 9 cups of wine (between shabbos lunch and 2 seders at stranger's houses) between now and then.

After I notify JD -by e-mail yet again- about the news, I'll post.

3 comments:

Ms. J said...

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you. And will say a prayer in church for you, too.

BTW, I noticed you are from NYC -- my hubby grew up in Long Island (Port Jefferson, to be exact). His parents are from Queens, and his godparents still live in Douglaston.

If memory serves, I recall what your fiance's ethnicity is (but don't know if that is okay to share openly here?!) I do have some ideas on how to categorize that, but will wait until you give the okay.

Pufferfish said...

Great news for you!!! I know how hard it is to wait and wait and then wait yet again.
The long distance thing must be hell.
I only do it 4 days a week and mostly it's OK. I do have a lot of friends who are willing to come to the center with me, but mostly at this point, I'm OK doing it by myself.
Talk to me in a year if I'm still doing this and I'll probably have a gaggle of friends around me at the table!

Antigone said...

Oh oh oh...I'm trying to read your posts in order but I want to hop forward to Monday now..