Remember these days? Traveling through Europe after college with a big backpack and a guidebook and febreeze so you didn't have to waste time in a laundromat and sleeping in places like this ...
Bet you never guessed that the woman in Bed #1a might be in the middle of her first ever 2ww.
Sometimes I think we're crazy. Mostly I'm glad we're doing this our own way. I have to admit that one of my best vacations ever was backpacking through Japan with my dear friend B. and her one-year-old. Yes, it was a bit crazy at times (like when we were lost on the side of the highway or battling the jogging stroller through the subway system) but we also had some incredible interactions with local women* and their kids and people went way out of their way to come over and say hi and offer us advice (lots and lots of advice - some of which apparently was against her choice to breastfeed, but that's a different story). Yes, of course I'll try to cut back on the travel if this cycle works, but I doubt that this will be my last trip in this style to Europe. I would be sad if it was.
*Yes, and some hysterical interactions with the men. B. managed to empty a rush-hour Tokyo subway car by taking off her shirt to breastfeed. The option was basically to listen to the baby scream for an hour or to fed her, but the shirt was not exactly designed for modesty ... it cracked us up for the rest of the trip.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday!
Happy birthday! Enjoy that comfortable looking bed. (eek)
Post a Comment