Just got back to my building to change before shabbos, and ... my big, bright package of IVF information was waiting for me on the package table. Since of course it was too large to fit in my mailbox. The table that everyone in the building looks at on their way in. C-rnell center for reproduc.tive medicene. Well, at least that's out there. And yes, the doorman definitely raised his eyebrow. Of course, given that's prone to ask pointed questions about JD and me and why we don't live together he probably thinks that I'm trying to 'win JD back' (from his job, but anyway) the old-fashioned way.
And I realized that I really do need to take a break tonight and tomorrow because this week I've been juggling the following (in no particular order):
- a ton of schoolwork
- finalizing all the wedding details before I leave
- renting my apartment
- packing up my belongings to facilitate the subletters being able to fit in the door
- trying to find someplace to live abroad
- coming to terms with the fact that I will lack a real base for the next 5 months
- trying to get back on the intense part of the diet before this cycle really starts
So it makes sense that I've been tired and grumpy. And next week could be a lot of fun but it might be a total disaster. I agreed to watch a friend's kids every afternoon (noon to 6 pm) because her nanny is out sick. Let's hope I made the right decision.
Here's wishing you a restful weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, try to enjoy your mini-break tonight and tomorrow - it sounds like you have a lot on your plate.
I can't believe they don't mail that stuff in an unmarked package - I'd think it was like getting porn and they would keep it plain. Uh, not that I get porn in the mail.
and they tell us to "relax!"
Good luck with everything going on!
Post a Comment