JD is adorable. He is totally engrossed in politics. He knew that I was watching C. and B. this afternoon, but he called anyway to tell me all about the 'big political news.' Then mid-sentence, right after mentioning 2000-dollar-an-hour (really?) pro.stitutes, he says 'Maybe we shouldn't be talking about this with C. there.' So adorable, since C. is 3 years old and happily strapped into her stroller at the time ... and truly, she's not all that political yet.
You know that look mothers get on the street? Especially with sleeping babies? I got me about 10 of those while out for my powerwalk with a sleeping C. in her stroller.
Ever read the book 'Bread and Jam for Frances'? If you haven't, pick up a copy. If you switch a few of the nouns around on pages 2-5, that's my life. Except that there's no happy ending where I get to eat spaghetti and meatballs for dinner. Because it really is getting close to cycle time, so I need to tow the line on the diet. Which resulted in C. and me taking a quick jaunt over to Ta.sti D-Lite today. And then I had to explain to her mother exactly why, on a cold winter day, I had allowed her daughter to spread chocolate ice cream all over her sweatshirt ..
Sorry if this post isn't too clear. A friend's nanny is out sick so I am watching her kids this week - all week, most of the day. They're sweet and adorable and I was rather hesitant to do this mid-cycle, but thus far it's been great. I haven't talked to my friend about IF, but I know she needed some treatment to have her babies and I'm sure she'd be sympathetic. I love watching other people's kids in their own homes because part of what you realize along the way is that each family has their own obsessions and faults, and all the kids turn out fine. Really. I see the parents who plop their kids in front of the TV the moment they get home. Or yell. Or bribe them with candy. And in the long run it really doesn't matter. But I also really love some of these kids, especially the ones I have known since they were born. And if I can love kids who I see a few nights a month at most and who have safe, warm homes of their own, I'm sure I could love a child we adopted. After a little adjustment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you're having fun with the kids - sounds like a good day, especially if there is chocolate ice cream being spread on sweatshirts.
Post a Comment