Wednesday, March 12, 2008

More thoughts on insurance

Just a few more thoughts on why this doctor might be a good move. Not only did he bill for PCOs (covered by insurance) but he was willing to do an u/s and lab work and consult on the same day. My current doctor makes you do the baseline consult and u/s on different days so they can bill twice, and would never give lab results over the phone. This doctor says he prefers in person lab reads, but 'since I'm so busy' he'll leave a voicemail with the results (and 'not to worry, he'll only call in the next few days if something important is off' so if everything is normal I shouldn't expect a call until the end of next week). He's clearly more used to real New York people and doesn't group the appointments so that you have to come in at the 8 am or 1 pm time bracket regardless of your day.

Ok, so it was crowded and nosiy in the waiting room and he was running late. But I might be happy about this transition. Of course, we're thinking August at the earliest for this clinic. Gots to focus on the positive this week. And finding something to eat - I think I've had 2 eggs and a diet snapple and an apple with peanut butter all day (did you know they only have 2g of carbs in a whole bottle?)

1 comment:

Dr. Grumbles said...

The right doc can make so much difference. I wish I had more options for medical care. I hope your transition goes really well.