We're not on to good yet. And that's mainly because my arm is throbbing. I get blood drawn a lot between the tummy issues, crazy co.rtisol and IF, and I've never had a painful blood draw. I had 2 IV's put in the 2 weeks ago ER without it hurting. But this hurts, which makes me worried.
Anyway, backing up a bit. I was pretty prepared to hate this doctor's office. It's not one of the highest recommended ones and the waiting room was packed full of unfriendly, rushed New Yorkers. And even worse, there was radio music blaring. And a long wait. I went because my long-standing en.docrinologist highly recommended them, and I like her.
But, I really liked the doctor. He was totally not thrilled to see me. Why is IF the one field that gets away with refusing 2nd opinions? He gave me a long lecture on why he couldn't 'second guess' my current doctor (I wasn't asking for guesses), but in the end he gave me a fairly decent answer to my questions. Yes, there's a good chance the cor.tisol needs to be medicated. Yes, there are papers on it but they date back to the 60s because me.tformin fixes a lot of these problems nowadays, but apparently not for me. Yes, there are a few more genetic diseases to test for but otherwise it's probably just me and my life. And no, it's not a problem outside of IF. But once I convinced him that all of my many specialists do not mind a 2nd opinion he cheered up, and even more when I explained that I was a prospective patient of his. In fact, he switched right into IF mood: I got my 'pre-conception lab work' done including thinks like genetic testing which I had never had done before (for a variety of reasons) but am glad to have done now. I got my S.TD testing done for the 2nd time in 3 months. I even got an ultrasound and photo of my ovaries.
He thought the 21 day bcp pack was totally unnecessary, but then reassured me that AF might not even show up because my lining is a mess. Hahaha. My body loves a good joke. No AF at 10:40 am during my ultrasound, so I took out my pad, and AF arrived by noon. Only goes to show how accurate those u/s are.
Anyway, I really like him. He was rushed and busy, but he took time to talk about my specific conditions. He knew the literature. It's a bit annoying that he's old and totally opposed to things like le.troz.ole (I read those studies, I totally think it's safe). He also was very, very optimistic (I had been informed to only go to this clinic if I 'didn't need the warm fuzzies'). He told me he's never had a 26-year old PCOs patient who didn't have a succesful pregnancy in the past 25 years. Which is really reassuring. And he takes insurance (if we have any). So I feel much better.
And, JD has been working extra-hard to get back onto my good side. So lots of e-mails about insurance and such today. He's trying to figure out if it is possible for him to switch to the high-premium high-deductible plan that covers IF and to cobra me (and only me) for the next 18 months (or until we no longer need it). It sounds like a stretch, but it might just work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment