Sorry, I wish this post were a bit more optimistic. JD keeps telling me that we knew this would be a long process and we're really not in such a rush. I would be more reassured if I could even figure out when we could schedule in a little IVF before June '09 or maybe July '10. Anyway, back to today ...
Millions of follicles have transformed into ... 15 on each ovary. None clearly dominant. We decided not to cancel. More injections for me, another u/s on Wednesday when we will either cancel or decide to trigger on Friday. Which entails me finding a friend to give me the shot ('cause JD won't even be in town) and then flying him up for the weekend. Add $600 to this cycle between the extra drugs and the last-minute plane ticket. But I do think emotionally the idea that we will actually be able to have a 2ww pre-June is tremendous.
I also scheduled the May cycle, got my prescriptions, and was duly informed that we will not be able to convert to IVF in May either because of the timing (clinic only has an em.bryologist certain weeks of the month). Speaking of which, I got a long lecture about why we are good IVF candidates. Which would have been reassuring and positive and all (especially since I got to see Dr. Fabulous - in person!) except that the whole talk focused on how we'll be just fine because I'm so young. Which makes it hard to relax about just waiting for another cycle. Did I mention it's my birthday? 27 years ago I was whisked from an emergency forceps delivery to the NICU with a -very low- apgar and apparently no discernible heart rate. At something well over 8 lbs. My mother said it looked like I'd swallowed a few of my roommates (and enough fluid to send my body into shock). The photos of my delivery are pretty amusing because you see the entire process and then suddenly, it's just my parents standing around looking puzzled in a stark room with no doctors, nurses, or baby in sight.
I am going to try and relax and enjoy my birthday and get some of my endless work done. And on Wednesday we'll see if 30 follicles have turned into 3-4, or not.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Birthday! I hope this year brings you health, happiness, and a baby!! Only good things...
Happy Birthday!
Hope your clinic gets to brag about as their great success story of the month!
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, R.
I hope you have some follie domination soon!
Post a Comment