No suspense: it was an aborti.on protester. But I really, truly didn't mean to. It only goes to show that I was a little flustered after my u/s this morning. At least this city of a million people has a functioning clinic.
After my 9am u/s JD had to mail something so I drove to the post office closest to my doctor, which happens to be in a part of town I don't know very well. So there I am, a few minutes post u/s and rather out of it, and as I pull into the strip mall parking lot this crazed-looking woman comes running up and when she looks in the car and sees JD and me she starts waving like crazy and trying to shove a brochure in the fully closed window, and all sorts of scary things. So I screech out of that place and try to pull back into the road. And JD is shouting something about not running over the woman, but me, I'm just trying to get us away from the deranged woman trying to accost us in front of the post office.
Except you see, there's an a.bort.ion clinic next to the post office, in the very same strip mall. Who does that??? And all JD needed was to mail a book. And when JD said something about 'she's just a protester keeping her 20 feet from the door of the clinic' I gave him a totally blank stare because I was honestly baffled as to whether I had dreamed up a new incarnation of Nurse Evil as crazed-woman-attaching-my-car-in-front-of-the-post-office. But when I pulled back into the parking lot it was apparent that I had not in fact run over her feet, so all was well there.
Not so much with the u/s. To put it technically and precisely, as Nurse Good did this morning, I have "millions" of follicles (yes, that is an exact quote) but none larger than 8 mm and none apparently growing (at least they haven't started shrinking yet). I asked for her best case scenario, and she said trigger on Thursday or Friday. Funny how I have a 6 am flight back to NYC Thursday morning that is completely non-negotiable. I have something really important I have to be back in the city for, and anyway, I'm leaving for Europe Monday and I still have to pack and get my stuff in order. What makes me so pissed is that I made it clear to Nurse Evil that I would not be able to trigger that late and asked several times if we should move the cycle early and she told me not to worry, that it never takes that long. They might increase my drugs on Monday and trigger on Wednesday anyway, just for kicks, but it's not looking great, to say the least. I may try to get a friend to do the trigger for me in NYC and fly JD up, but it seems like such a hassle and expense for a cycle which has been going wrong from the very beginning. Of course, it would mean so much to us to get to a 2ww before the wedding. Speaking of which, looks like I will definitely be squeezing in a cycle with a beta the day before the wedding - what fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment