Still too many follicles. Starting injections tomorrow night. Next u/s Sunday. Did not see the doctor, who I also won't be seeing on Sunday.
And I am pissed with Nurse Evil and about to ask not to see her again. When she first walked into the room today she started into why IVF was best and we should start saving up (believe me, we won't be doing it at this clinic). While wanding me she continued to talk despite my complete and total non-response.
- She asked me exactly how many follicles had been there on Tuesday and when I mumbled that I didn't remember exactly (since it was in the chart) she said "I thought you knew everything"
- She referred to me multiple times as 'young lady.' Yes, I'm 26. And I get carded a lot. I'm also an adult and trying to start a family and I would appreciate not being patronized repeatedly.
- She told me that 'they don't want to be seeing me on national tv with quadruplets'
- She asked if I plan to 'continue working' if this cycle works (?????????)
- She again repeated that the danger was high order multiples, and something about how 'even though they're cute' it can be hard and I finally jumped in to tell her that I didn't think that I would carry more than twins or triplets for medical reasons (like gestational diabetes, having to be feed intravenously from my previous stomach problems, the works) and that we'd reduce. And then she proceeded to give me an icy glare while still examining me ... and counting and counting because there were a lot of follicles ....
I grew up in the South, I understand that there are many very heartfelt reasons to oppose SR. I don't share them, and I also find it hard to understand how someone who works at an IF clinic can genuinely believe them. If the idea is that we shouldn't be messing with the good lord's plan, than nobody should be getting IF treatments at all. And she's perfectly happy to make 20 embryos with IVF and freeze and then discard the 'extras.' I value my health and the health of my future children more than the need to carry 4 or more embryos. And if I really believed that I should not be messing with the lord's plan, we'd be filing adoptions paper since I have just about 0% chance of conceiving with IF treatments.
Oh, and while still giving me a glare she added, for good measure, "Well, nobody in X does SR, or anywhere nearby [unspoken words: because we're good Christians, unlike you]. But I guess you could fly up North someplace and have it done." I guess I could.
---------------
ps - I guess I should clarify that the final comment was really about how judgmental this nurse was about my living away from JD in order to pursue my career, my plan to work, and my personal/religious choices. It is in no way a criticism of anyone who opposes abortion or SR for religious reasons - it's really about her tone and the clear way of judging me for my personal beliefs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. I would totally ask not to see her again. Why do people think that it is appropriate to say things like that? Just cause she's all up in your lady business doesn't mean she has a right to be all up in your business!
Post a Comment