In the good old days I used to grab a handful of chocolate chips after dinner. Now, I very carefully count out my 12 (pareve) chocolate chips. After all, a serving of 40 is already 11g of carbs.
I have been worrying that I may be too excited just to get to a 2ww (which we are really, definitely going to do this month! Yay!) And then I realized that I always found it odd how excited people were to 'take a break' between cycles. But I certainly couldn't start another cycle in 2 weeks if this one doesn't work. And that may be the one absurd benefit of our crazy lifestyle and commute: we have our breaks built in for us. I am not nearly prepared enough for my research trip next week, but I am so looking forward to escaping from busywork, social engagements, the strict form of the diet, and u/s (I think I manged 8 this cycle), and maybe that is because I need a break from this particular obsession, even if it is by entering an even more stressful environment. I've already scheduled our May cycle (because I have to carry the meds with me to Europe), but that one also has a built-in break after it when we'll be traveling. And then we may try to squeeze in a little IVF in July depending on how these cycles go.
This post must be incredibly boring, but I want to remind myself that breaks are a good thing. Because I might just forget that in a few months. And to eat as many dark (dairy) chocolate chips as possible during the next break.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I too used to wonder how people could take breaks... now I get it! It really wears one down after awhile.
I just started to read your blog..
Are you doing an IVF cycle now?
Wishing you the best!
Post a Comment