Friday, February 1, 2008

so many dentist appointments ...

1 mad dash through Atlanta's Hartfield airport got me (but not my suitcase which is still in transit) to my delayed flight which arrived at 1:15 am, which left my plenty of time to make my 8 am ... dentist appointment? So Jim Dear happens to work at a job with no vacation days at all. Not at one. They apparently accrue after 12 months, and hopefully he won't be there that long. But after getting phone calls from my sister all alone in her clinic with bad news and because I think we really need to be in this together not just emotionally but physically, I have decided that he should accompany me to appointments whenever possible. And since we're not married and all and this is a rather conservative place, in addition to the fact that he hasn't told too many of his friends or colleagues about our endeavors, we needed an excuse for him to miss work. Ta da: cavities, bad fillings, plaque issues, gum problems ... I seem to have developed a whole list of dental problems which have to be dealt with here. Cracks me up when his co-workers are so impressed that I'm willing to go out to lunch with them only 2 hours after having a filling done. And I really don't look that bad for having such rotten teeth. Plus, it gives us the perfect excuse if I need to bow out of some evening event - dental worker can be quite painful (I've heard, having never so much as had a cavity in my life). So at our 'dental appointment' this morning all the news was good: no follicles, thin lining, we're set for let.ro.zole in 8 days!

No comments: