Monday, February 25, 2008

Update: I WIN!!!

Not that it saves my cort.isol. We will be billed $425 and the clinic apologizes for the 'miscommunication.' However, instead of admitting they were wrong they said the lower cost is because I'll be getting some u/s done here. This is an entirely implausible story since the doctor hadn't ok'd having the earlier u/s in NYC when I was quoted that price, but we'll take it. Now, there's a good chance I can get those done for free, which seems to make it worth it to always have my baseline done in NYC. Of course, not nearly as reliable, but how much can you botch a baseline? (That's a rhetorical question, don't think of sending me horror stories. I'm supposed to be learning to meditate this week, after all).

Of course, winning is a bit relative. Our medical bills this month:
$425 IF clinic
$300 drugs for IF
$100 co-pays for stomach problems
$320 lab work to date
ER visit ?????? (It was in-network, but you never know what you'll get)

No comments: