Monday, February 25, 2008

I was going to write about how Zen I've become ...

and how the Yoga DVD seems to be helping, even though it's still in it's wrapping ... until I came home to a bill for over $1000 from the IF clinic. Ok, so they have us down for an IUI which is $400 that we're not doing (apparently it only increases success rates 1-2% for non-clomid ovulation induction), but that's still over $600 for 'monitoring' for the next cycle. Now since I'm getting the 1st 2 u/s done in NYC and paying for those, that's an awful lot for as little as 2 u/s if they cancel us again (and remember, this place doesn't even have injections training - just sent us home with the DVD). Needless to say I just called and screamed/fake cried* to the billing department because they told us $425 when we signed up. Clear as day, with the doctor, the nurse, and JD in attendance we were told $425. And I thew a fit about the $425, so I remember that amount very clearly. So hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow before I leave the country ...

IF, I leave the country. I was calm and zen this morning as I submitted to a host of rather unpleasant medical tests (as a long-time gastro.entology patient, I can tell you these are far more painful than anything IF clinic has ever done to me). And hopefully I'll get some results by 12 tomorrow. My 'medical team' is not thrilled about my going, but since there's no clear line of treatment yet and only one very rare condition that would require immediate surgery, I'm pretty sure I'll be off. I'm in need of a vacation by this point in the week.

*I figured crying would make me a more sympathetic character, but really, truly I felt like screaming.

No comments: