Monday, February 18, 2008

Update: Feeling much better

I did indeed propose a shotgun wedding of-sorts to JD at lunchtime, which totally cracked him up. And then he shocked me by saying he could pay for the next cycle, so not to worry about it.

So here we go again.

Since my cycle was canceled at 9am I have accomplished the following:
- scheduled a 2nd consult for 9 am tomorrow morning which JD can attend. I'm totally not thrilled by our new protocol and the total lack of injection training. We are obsessive people, we need face time with our doctor.
- called and convinced Southern clinic that my RE in NYC is plenty competent enough to do the baseline ultrasound pre-le.trozole. Then called NYC and found out RE is way too busy for that, but I can have the ultrasound done for free at my student health clinic. Scheduled that.
- Called NYC doctor to have her re-write script for 1st ultrasound
- Obsessed about foll.istim
- Obsessed even more about soy and what in the world I will eat now
- Searched on amazon for a European water-boiler so that I can cook my specialty: 8 hard-boiled eggs a day while at this conference next week ... Add in a few tablespoons of 'no sugar added' peanut butter and I should be fine for 6 days.

However, I still haven't showered or got dressed for the day. I really owe that to poor JD, who will be home from work at 6 pm. And of course, we have to run out and get more bcp's at 6 pm because I left them in NYC ...

Clearly this little failure is going in the pile with 18% success rate to be processed later.

2 comments:

Io said...

I might have left a comment before after I had TOTALLY misread this post somehow and not realized it was canceled. So If I left some stupid comment, I apologize. That sucks dude.

Rachel said...

Nope, no stupid comments. So don't worry about it.