That basically sums it up. And alternating between hungry and nauseous. I had my first full meal post-ER on the plane ever. Important note: TA.P, the official airline of Portugal, has the most beautiful male flight attendants ever. And there are women crazier than me out there. I read it in the airline catalogue, which notes that although most airlines do not allow women to fly past 36 weeks of pregnancy, this airline allows women to fly up to 7 days before their due date. You just have to fill out a form so that they can prep the onboard L & D suite. Useful information anyway, which I hope never to need.
This is a country that specializes in pastries and alcohol, and I have indulged in neither although I have had a roll at dinner every night out of pure starvation. Fascinating, eh? But there was a little point: everyone is already convinced I'm pregnant (there, that's only the 2nd time I've written that word on my blog, the 1st being the paragraph above). Today I sat through:
a 2-hour, 6-person, 2-bottles of wine lunch
followed by a short walk to a cafe
where 5-people had 2-coffees each and I ordered water,
subsequently followed by
5-people having 2-beers each and I ordered water
followed by a
2-hour, 6-person, 2-bottles of wine dinner
and only 3 of those 5 people asked if I was pregnant
not bad.
Shouldn't public opinion count for something?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have to say that I am DYING to know what you are studying... especially that it takes you to Portugal! (I love it there... my husband is Portuguese and we go there often.)
I'm sorry you have had to endure so much wine and pastry having by others. That is horribly cruel!
Post a Comment