http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/08/health/08diabetes.html (from Friday's New Yo.rk T.imes he.alth page): "Dr. Buse said one little-discussed issue was the sheer stress of the treatment program itself ... “At some level I just wonder if some of them were just overwhelmed by this psychologically,” Dr. Buse said. “Could it be the stress of ‘I’m trying so hard, but I can’t get it done’?"
Oh, and the nauseous, listlessness, low blood sugar, inability to stay awake at night, inability to socialize over food ... I was trying to be positive about it. But even a 5 lb weight loss hasn't converted me.
1 comment:
Thanks for your comment on my blog, and words of support. You're on quite a restrictive diet, I hope it does end up being more helpful than harmful! I'm not actually familiar with such a diet, but I hope it will do something for you, given all the work. I wonder if my I fail my glucose test if I'll get an opportunity to try this out myself!
Post a Comment