It's been another long day, but much better than yesterday. At 8:30 pm yesterday night I remembered that I needed bcp and we went dashing out to the pharmacy, which closes at 9 pm. I went back to the clinic with JD this morning to talk to Dr. Wonderful, who made me feel immediately better. He apologized for the out-of-line nurse and explained why our current protocol has enough monitoring. And he talked about why my follicles stopped growing, and what the next couple of cycles would look like for us. It really helps me to know what all our options are up to and including IVF. It's not that I'm not positive about these cycles, but my gut keeps telling me that we aren't going to be the lucky ones where it works the first time I ovulated (that's right, I've apparently never ovulated in my life. fabulous). Of course, this cycle not only has injectables but I'm leaving the country 3 days post-ovulation. No beta for me, just a nice foreign language pee stick. Oh, if only the evil nurse knew the full extent of my audacious stress-inducing lifestyle.
That said, no more unsweetened soy milk for me. I'm cutting back to 2 servings of soy a week. So today I've been alternating between chunks of hard cheese and whitefish. Facing another 8 weeks of eggs doesn't sound too appealing at the moment, but I'll get through it. Apparently whole milk is better than skim milk, so I'm trying to find lactaid whole milk (does anyone know if it exists?) or almond milk.
And just to keep my afternoon exciting, I went to lunch and then a toddler playground (Yes, 1-day post canceling a cycle I was lounging on a bench at a toddler playground) with the wife of a co-worker of JD's. I met her in September and she asked if I wanted to do lunch sometime. And then I ran into her while shopping over the weekend, so it was hard to pretend I wasn't in town. So we met up for lunch today with her 18 month old and she told me all about her pregnancy and childbirth and being a stay at home mom. And although I'll skip the last of those 3, I was inevitably jealous of the former 2. And the ease with which she planned her pregnancy and had the baby. And the beautiful, healthy baby who loves swings and gravel and dogs. Oh well, we'll get there eventually.
Oh, and of course, I had to go with that easy line of 'Of course we want kids once we get married' when asked about our family plans. Because these are JD's coworkers and he gets to draw the lines about what we share with them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm glad your appointment with the doctor went better than with the nurse!
As for you mom, I'd just let this cycle be and tell her about the next one. Or you could say you have tried taking some drugs, but they didn't work for you (so not really like a cycle) and now you're trying a different protocol.
There is indeed whole milk lactaid, because my husband accidentally bought some last weekend instead of 2%. We used to drink soy milk, but I worried about the estrogen hampering his sperm making. I'd be pissed if he went into surgery next Friday and didn't have good sperm because he drank soy milk or something.
How hard is it to sit with people who just don't know about your infertility as they talk about their beautiful children. Ug.
Post a Comment