My truly incredible tummy doctor, who ordered a million lab tests today, suggested that he call in a few different prescriptions to my pharmacy. The idea was that I would fill the prescriptions and that would give him until I board the plane at 5 pm to call and tell me what to take. Brilliant? Yes. Awesome? Yes. See why I love this guy. Oh, and of course, because he is more obsessive about this whole baby thing than my IF doctor, only 'class B' drugs. Of course, it only makes me absurdly angry that extraneous very expensive drugs that I may not even need can all be covered with a $10 co-pay thanks to my insurance, but a little folli.stim is absolutely 100% not covered.
Fine. All good. Except that after I filled them the pharmacist wanted to talk to me and said "Now, you know all of these can interfere with bcp, don't you?" That's right, all of these meds would be fine for a little bean in the tummy but they might prevent me from starting a new cycle in 2 weeks. So, seems likely that I'll be refusing treatment again sometime mid-tomorrow afternoon. If you don't hear from me for a couple of days I've got the all-okay to travel signal and I'm off to Europe.
ps - How's this for a little crazy and random good news: my engagement ring is loose! Down to 135, from 151. Suddenly hitting those 20's again seems a lot more realistic.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
How frustrating! I guess the stomach doc didn't realize that part? Do they all interfere w/ bcp?
Yup, apparently everything interferes with bcp. Because they are all some form of/related to antibiotics. And nobody knows -how much- they interfere, but still. The last thing we need around here for morale is another canceled cycle.
Fuck... cancelled cycles suck. So many times I found myself thinking: body, can`t you just get it together! The planning and waiting is so much of what makes IF unbearable...
Mazel tov on the weight loss! I am infinately in admiration of you. The 120s are just right there!!
Post a Comment