Tuesday, October 7, 2008

today's visit

Went just fine. Heartbeat found. No movement at all, but my midwife is not concerned. I told her I feel movement about every other day, and she told me to call if the 'normal movement' has decreased ... so I asked her to clarify and she said if I feel movement every other day then if I go 2 days with nothing at all I should call ... now what in the world would that do?????? Imagine that conversation: 'I think my baby stopped moving 48+ hours ago - do you think something's wrong?' She actually told me kick counts are nonsense at 30 weeks and I should just relax.

It's quite clear my midwife thinks I'm a hypochondriac, but after she finds the wonderbaby's heartbeat I'm so happy I really don't care.

And yup, traces of protein in my urine today (she's not worried). And I'm down 5 pounds since my GD quasi-diagnosis 10 days ago, but she's also not worried (in fact, she told me I'm probably gaining 'good weight' now that I've cut my sugar and carbs). Oh, and I should keep pricking myself until Oct. 29th just in case ...

But none of the little details matter since it seems like there's still a living, growing baby in there.

3 comments:

Ms. J said...

It's wonderful to read about these little bits of good news :o)

Samantha said...

I'm glad everything is looking good!

The heartbeat is always good for a little relief!

Anonymous said...

Yay for the heartbeat!!!

As for the midwife, I am really not sure how you have managed not to leap across the table to cause her bodily harm... :)