I have a new theory about why my morning blood sugar levels are rising.
I went out for dinner yesterday night. To a pizza place. So, I ate, well, pizza. Carbs and all. No protein. It happens.
And my 2-hour post meal test was fine.
AND, my test this morning was much, much better than anything last week.
So here's my theory: I was with a group of people so I had dinner at 6 pm. My dinners have been creeping up to 8:30/9 pm this past week (in part because I just don't feel inspired to eat anything I'm supposed to be eating, so I usually wait until JD puts something on a plate in front of me to start eating ...). And I don't think that's enough time for my body to process the food before breakfast. So I'm hoping if I move my dinners a bit earlier this week that my numbers will go back down.
I find restricting my diet incredibly stressful, and I know that can also increase the numbers. But I found out this past Sunday at Birthing Class #1, mandated by the hospital, that the reason my midwife insisted I see this doctor at this clinic is that he is the one who will have to sign off on whether I can have a 'natural' birth or whether it's straight to c-section land for me. Nothing like adding a little stress to your appointment, eh?
(Don't worry - I won't take this type of absurd ruling without protest. My back-up plan if he says no way to labor is to go out of state. No other state has quite NYC's liability laws, and thus far NONE of my test scores are off enough to even put me firmly in the GD category. And seriously, as long as I'm not on insulin, at least 95% of doctors in the U.S. would let me go into labor).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am on insulin and my OB would prefer me to go into labor, as long as it's before 39 weeks.
Yeah, Al is diabetic and eating late for him really messes with his blood sugars in a bad way. So I think that's a good theory. I hope it works. And your doctor is all gung ho natural labor style.
Sorry I've been MIA. I hope the move goes well.
Post a Comment