Monday, October 27, 2008

Good news

Well, the big news today is that I am finally and officially A.B.D. (all but dissertation, for those of you outside of academia). I passed the last of my exams at 9 am this morning (see why I was a bit stressed yesterday night when the car broke?).

No update on the car. I am distracting myself by packing, and all the other work I put off. Weekend updates coming tomorrow.

6 comments:

Smiling said...

YAY!! ABD is a wonderful milestone! I still can't believe how much you've packed into this year. I am in awe of you. Best of luck writing that distertation. I often think the ABD moniker is a bit of an understatement given amount of work required, but at least its on your own time terms now. Given how much you'll managed this year, I have no doubt you are up to the task!

Io said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! Good luck with your dissertation.
You are just superwoman apparently - I don't know how you do it all.

Samantha said...

Congrats! Now all you have to do is write that little thing called a dissertation - easy right? :)

Ms. J said...

CONGRATS!!!!

That's such a huge accomplishment!

docgrumbles said...

Congrats! May you spend as little time ABD as possible.

Rachel said...

Congratulations! You rock and I hope you have people in your life who remind you of this--make sure you listen to them. What an amazing role model you are for your daughter and everyone else's daughters, as well.