I don't think that I suddenly started feeling tired, grumpy and miserable because of iron deficiency 2 weeks ago. I have after all been anemic since the first trimester.
I think that I started feeling so low energy when I had to cut back my carbs because of my quasi-GD diagnosis. After my experience last year (with a no-carb diet thanks to my fertility clinic, for any new readers) it's clear that my body loves carbs and that I'm miserable without them. And that I lose weight very, very quickly when I cut back on carbs (I am currently at my pre-fertility treatment starting weight because I lost so much weight on the no-carb diet, more than 20 lbs in under 3 months). And I am still losing weight.
I think I may be counting carbs more strictly then the GD clinic would - I count each glass of milk as a carb (they are high in sugar) as well as all my dairy, etc. But still I'm having at least 3-4 carbs with each meal and I'm hungry all the time. And grumpy. I called my mother at work who told me to up my carbs and to stop losing weight (my midwife is of course unconcerned, as she is about most things). So I'm going to try that for the next couple of days and test my blood sugar a lot more often to see what happens.
But I'd really just love to start feeling good again, or to at least be sure that I'm miserable because of some combination of hormones and baby growth, as opposed to a problem in my diet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Your body is certainly going through a lot. I think you have several potential causes for the exhaustion which would each be sufficient contributors.
Low carbs really work, eh? Post pregnancy I want to lose 30 pounds. I would be thrilled if I could do it in 3 months. My love of carbs though...that's going to be a tough breakup.
Bodies like carbs.
Carbs good.
Wish you were feeling much better.
Post a Comment