Monday, October 20, 2008

question

How much sleep is normal to need/want in the third trimester?

In case you can't tell, I am full of self-doubt at the moment. Not that I have ever been one to enthusiastically 'trust my body' but I'm trying to figure out what are reasonable limitations on my activity at this point. And the sudden realization that I only have about 60 days to go, so this may actually be the point at which I need to slow down (although since I've stopped gaining weight and am still within 5 lbs on my pre-IF starting weight, I really am not feeling that uncomfortable - don't worry, I'm up close to 30 lbs from the beginning of the pregnancy so I think my weight gain is fine).

My blood sugar numbers are not great, but I realized this morning that part of the problem is that in an effort to 'relax' I accidentally cut all my exercise for the past 4 days. Not good.

So, it was supposed to be a 9 am to 9 pm workday today (I have a meeting that runs until exactly 9 pm tonight) but I overslept. So it's looking more like a 10:15 am to 10:15 pm kind-of day. Except that if I want to make time for an hour walk, then it'll be a bit later. And I really don't think that I can skip any of the work on my to-do list for today (did I mention we might move at the end of the week? Nothing like that hanging over us to keep me on schedule) so cutting back on the 'work' hours really isn't an option. And I also desperately need to run by the health food store and pick up more iron sometime today.

So how much is reasonable to sleep at this point?

1 comment:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

I'm not sure if tehre's a definitive answer for that.

I am a few weeks behind you (3, I think?) but I find that I have days where I have a ton of energy, and then there are days, like today, where all I want to do is sleeeeeeeeeeep.

I think you should just listen to your body.