Thursday, October 23, 2008

Moving

Well, we're moving. And not even till next Friday, which is quite luxurious around here. Thus far I have packed every box, but JD has been helpful in stacking them and lugging packing supplies into the apartment. I am sure that this is the right decision for the long-term and our new place is quite luxurious by graduate student standards, but the idea of packing our apartment and moving into a place that needs a bit of work at 32+ weeks pregnant when I just finished unpacking about 2 weeks ago is more than a bit frustrating.

I wish I could say that it was a fabulous day and we're both excited about the move, but it was an awful, miserable day and I spent hours of it in bed crying. Nothing serious and I'm sure I'll get over it - hopefully before tomorrow when I head home for the weekend, which is always a bit stressful. And as for the blood sugar, with a sample size of only 5, it seems that my level is well within the normal range if I don't eat after 7 pm and high if I eat any later. Which shouldn't be a big deal at all, except it just makes it even more tempting to skip dinner now that there is absolutely nothing that I can eat that I want to eat (and as I write I am sitting in the library at 7:20 pm eating yogurt and peanut butter for dinner, same as yesterday. Actually yesterday I had a handful of nuts instead of the peanut butter - such variety).

I'll be away for the weekend, so I won't post again till Monday.

1 comment:

Io said...

I'm glad you got the apartment, thought I know he moving will be super stressful. It's bad enough, doing it pregnant in NYC and in a week? Yikes.
Hang in there.