Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Pure gloating

I'm having a baby shower! In NYC! And inviting my friends.

And, I'm not even officially hosting it myself. One of JD's friends offered to host it, and even though we can't use her apartment and I'll be bringing the food, I won't have to feel guilty about throwing my own party (I was raised in the South, remember). So basically she's fronting for our party and collecting RSVPs and I am thrilled.

It's going to be a casual, coed Sunday brunch with bagels, muffins, fruit, mixed drinks and a cake. Now the only problem is finding someone's apartment to host it at, but I have some ideas ...

And in less good news, I sent JD home after our hospital tour yesterday night to cook dinner. I told him there was margarine in the freezer. I didn't think to tell him there was also butter and he should look at which one he grabbed. So now I need to re-kasher about 15 items from the kitchen (it was not a complicated dinner). Should be a relaxing evening boiling big pots of water and letting them overflow (all part of keeping a kosher kitchen) but how could I be mad when he was making me meatballs and mashed potatos? Off to the midwife in a few minutes ... no kicking at all for the past 2 days, so I'm glad we'll get in a little dopplering.

No comments: