I have so many nice, pleasant things to write about, but neither time nor energy at the moment. The synopsis:
- as of 10:30 am tomorrow we will no longer be the proud owners of a 19-year-old volvo station wagon in absolutely pristine condition. It is being donated since you can't sell a car that doesn't start. And for the record, the garage said they'd never seen the 'main computer' part of a volvo die like that.
- JD's grandfather is in the hospital in China. It doesn't look good. JD was raised by this grandfather, but he starts a new job on Monday and probably can't get to China till Christmas (oh, and not like that's a great time for me ...) His family was going to help with the move, but obviously they're too busy now.
- We're moving tomorrow. I have packed about 40 boxes. I still have to pack the kitchen tonight plus another 5-10 boxes of books. JD is happy to help but I have physically packed every single item in the apartment.
- I have 2 grant applications due early next week.
- JD starts a new job on Monday.
- I think my co.rt.is.ol is probably sky high this week between everything. And that of course raises my blood sugar. Which is hovering a little too close to the 'safe' cut-off at the moment. Not helped by the fact that we'll be eating out till I pack and unpack our kitchen and the new doctor wants at least 4-5 blood-sugar readings a day.
- I am so tired I walked into the bedroom door at full speed this morning and then panicked that I'd hit the baby and spent all day trying to poke her into moving. For the record, I might have felt a slight movement tonight. But I feel much better since I confessed the awful truth to JD and he reminded me that she's still head down (from 16 weeks now, confirmed yesterday) and the part I might have hit is her butt. Poor baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, since last week sucked, I agree - this week should definitely be better. I hope JDs new job starts well.
Post a Comment