I was going to write about what a lovely weekend I had at home and the Bar- and Bat- Mitzvah and my baby shower and everything else except my car broke tonight.
To be precise, it dead stopped in the middle of a busy road and the engine will not start (and it's not the battery). Oh, and it's NYC so we can't have it towed to any repairshop we trust (or even any near us) because they lock their gates at night and there's no place to leave a car. So as I write Triple-A is towing our car to their 'lot' from which we can pay to have it towed to a repair shop tomorrow.
And we're moving this week. And JD doesn't start work till next week, which probably means no paycheck for another month. And car repairs in NYC cost a fortune. Probably more than it's worth it, so I'll probably have to decide tomorrow to scrap my beloved car.
Ok, and awful as it is to say (and petty and small-minded and mean-spirited and everything else), I'm pissed because although I used to own this car I gifted it to JD's family last year and my strong suspicion is that they did not do any routine maintenance on the car which is why it died like that. Either that or it's a serious engine problem (rather unusal in volvos, I must say, this being my 2nd), in which case we are now semi-permanently without a car because it's really not worth spending a fortune to repair a 19-year-old volvo. But of course we'll have to rent one this week to move ...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your car - hopefully it will end up being a fixable problem. I will say--19 years--that's really good! My cars have tended to run out of life around 12-13 years.
You'll have to tell us about your baby shower to put you in a better mood!
For the record, we still want to hear about your baby shower...
I'm sorry to hear about your car. I really hope it's an easy fix and that it's not due to a lack of routine maintenance. Take a deep breath; this week will be over in six more days.
Post a Comment