Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We caved

At 2 pm I went over to my friend's and tried TS in her baby's swing.
At 5 pm tonight I realized that we needed a swing for the fusspot.
At 6 pm tonight I found a cheap one on craigslist in our neighborhood.
At 8 pm JD arrived home, and I sent him out immediately to get it.
At 9:30 pm I sat down for ice cream with my husband - and neither of us was holding the baby.

We have not had a meal/dessert without our little resident alien at the table with us in 6 weeks. That's a long time. The problem is that TS is a great sleeper ... as long as someone is holding her. But 6 weeks was long enough, and now she is safely entrusted to a battery-operated device which will snuggle and jiggle and whir to her at just the right tempo. Let's just hope the batteries last through the night.

2 comments:

cd0103 said...

Congrats! The sanity saving swing. How great is it not to have a child attached to you? I say this with great love. Considering your lifestyle (I am so jealous), great by on craigslist!

Paranoid said...

Good for you -- you need to be able to put the baby down sometimes. If i makes you feel any better, M slept in a swing until she was 5 months old.