I know that the SAHM vs. working mother topics can get a bit heated, and I certainly don't mean to enter into that debate directly (largely because I think it's dumb and I have very strong opinions on the matter). I never considered quitting my career plans to care for TS, and since my career does not happen to have an 'on ramp' if I were to take more than a few weeks off, that pretty much settled the issue for us. Of course, I am incredibly lucky to have an extremely flexible work schedule and the resources to share a nanny with a friend for TS's first couple of months (she will be going in regular ol' 9 to 5 daycare come summertime). There have already been many benefits to my sanity, cleanliness of my house, and my patience in dealing with TS in the evenings to having someone else care for her a couple of hours a day.
JD spent hours over the weekend trying to give TS her first bottle. I did not think it would be an issue since she was happy to take finger feeds from him the first couple of weeks, but she refused the bottle all weekend. It even got to the point where I was pumping milk directly into a bottle for her and handing it to JD so that it would be the exact same temperature as at the breast. No luck. But it took our nanny (who has 12 or so years of experience watching infants) less than 2 hours to get TS to happily suck away at her bottle. A bit traumatic for me, but it did not seem to be at all traumatic for her. Chalk one more star up on the side of professional childcare.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment