I keep waiting for those promised 'athlete's study skills' that are supposed to come with being a mother, working full-time and attending school full-time. But apparently they haven't kicked in yet.
I have an application due on February 1st. I just checked this afternoon and that is a received by date, not a postmark date. Oh, and it's due someplace in Europe. So I need to finish it tonight.
Entire item #2: sick baby. TS did not eat much today but I wasn't that worried because she ate all night. Then about midafternoon she started to get diarrhea, and by tonight there were a few specks of blood. Combine that with a grazing but not eating baby and you definitely have a sick baby. Luckily she still seems to feel fine (although perhaps a tad lethargic) and has absolutely no fever.
After our last pediatrician sick visit, I called my mother and a relative who is a RN and both agreed it was fine to wait at least until the morning to call the doctor (I think all they'd do on the phone is evaluate whether she needs to go to the ER which she definitely doesn't as long as she has no fever). But it means that I am trying to get as much milk as possible into the baby since she's not that interested in eating. And trying to get her to rest comfortably. So here I sit with a swaddled sleeping baby next to me in bed trying to revise a long essay and adapt it to this application. Such a fun evening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with the sick baby.
As for how I get to early morning monitoring appointments - I just do. It simply requires slightly more juggling of children than it used to.
Post a Comment