The sad truth is that my delightful nearly 2-month long binge of sweets must come to an end. I start teaching again next week, and I have nothing to wear. JD and I took a very mortifying trip to H and M yesterday to stock up on cheap clothing for the next few weeks (and of course he had TS in the Bjorn so none of the women in the fitting room knew exactly why I was so disturbed by my new figure ...). The problem is not my weight per se, which is back at my pre-TTC level, but rather my new curves. I had no idea that going from a G cup to an J/K cup would make such a difference, but NOTHING fits. And more than that, since the largest nursing bra I can find is an I cup, my cups runneth over and I cannot wear anything even slightly fitted. I know, there are women out there who pay top dollar for my curves, but the truth is that they are incredibly inconvenient to live with. And since I cannot take the surgery route yet (and probably not for another 10 years at least) I am going to try and lose a bit of weight and see if they will at least drop down to a reasonable I cup. I have some really nice shirts and sweaters that I would like to be able to wear by springtime.
My plan for now is long walks with the baby (as long as the weather permits). I can't work out yet because it's too painful to do cardio with a bra. And I'm restricting (not eliminating) my carbs: only 2 meals with major carbs a day, no simple carbs, and dessert every other day. We'll see how it goes, but I am going to stick with this plan for at least 2 weeks to see if it works.
In other news, Melissia's comment about TS's nighttime reflux started me thinking ... I think it's possible that because TS goes a bit longer between feeds at night she is actually drowning in milk come 3:30 am. So yesterday night when she started screaming at her 3 am feed I stopped and pumped, um, 6 ounces, and then finished the feed. Yup, I think that I have oversupply issues which are making it hard for her to eat (overeating can cause reflux, and that would explain why it only happens in the middle of the night). So I have placed another call to the LC and I may go back to the pediatrician later this week, although after our awful visit for reflux last week I may not be up for it [In short, I cried after we left. The doctor was incredibly mean to me, completely dismissive of my questions, and put TS on the very strongest medication without answering my questions about it's side effects. So, we decided not to medicate her yet].
Ok, back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear about your experience with the Doctor. That sounds extremely stressful
I am sorry about the rough go with clothes you feel comfy and secure in. Ugh.
In other thoughts . . . Happy Spring Festival!!!
Post a Comment