The good news: TS is gaining weight well. She's now 9.5 lbs. That also means that she now fits her bum.ge.nius diapers, which I love (I do not recommend the dappi ones which we have been using up till now. They leak).
Also good: We went out on the coldest day of the year and neither of us got frostbite! I put TS in a warm outfit in her Moby sling with my maternity coat over it. She was quite toasty. And I was mistaken for pregnant and offered a seat on the subway, but oh well.
The bad news: Definitely caught the reflux. She has started screaming during feeds. That explains the projectile vomit and new fussiness. Hopefully it won't get bad enough that we need to medicate her - for now we're trying new breastfeeding positions, more time upright, and pacifiers (JD will be so excited about the pacifiers - he's been lobbying for them for weeks). Although in truth, I'm not sure if there are downsides to the meds for reflux. All wisdom/advice appreciated on this topic, and I will of course consult Drs. Google soon.
The brilliant: I went to a breastfeeding workshop today (in part to meet people - it was sadly under-attended* because of the weather) and realized on my way out that it was only a few blocks from one of the best bakeries in NYC. Brilliant.**
* To be precise, I was the only person there for the first hour. And then a woman showed up with her toddler. Far be it from me to normal discuss the state of another woman's breasts, but this woman had apparently had several consultations with other people to diagnosis the 'sores' on her breasts. The LC took one look, looked at said active (and adorable) toddler and diagnosed the saddest of all sources: bite marks. Please, TS, no teeth for a long, long time.
** And yes, this is to admit that my freezer stash is getting a bit depleted. In retrospect, cupcakes do not freeze that well. Chocolate chip pumpkin bread does, as does chocolate cheesecake. And red velvet cake freezes rather well too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for the freezing tips. :-) I don't have any advice on the reflux thing, but I'm so glad the baby seems to be thriving.
Post a Comment