Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When does this get easier?

Sorry, I had to delete my last post.

Everything is probably fine, I'm just nervous. I'm sure I'll get over it. I'm going to look into home dopplers in the meantime.

I called the doctor's office to see if any of the lab work was back from 2 weeks ago. I figured it was worth a phone call since they failed to tell me last time that I definitely shouldn't be filling the prescriptions they'd given me. The nurse yelled at me that they were 'too busy to call every patient with a negative test.' I said that I understood that but I was told explicitly that I would be called under the circumstances. And then it turned out that it was the very same nurse as last time (the one who seems to want a trophy in the 'pain olympics' "I had 3 rounds of ivf, 6 iuis, 9 miscarriages, and I still have no kids - so I know that you're nervous, but you need to get over it." Seriously).

What am I supposed to say? I'm sorry your babies died, but I'd still like to know if mine happens to be alive at this point?

2 comments:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

Honestly, some people should not be in healthcare. Reminds me of the nurse I had after the tubal reattachment surgery. I was in pain and scared and hopeful. She said, "My sister had the same surgery." I said, "Really?" She said, "Yeah, didn't work. Hardly ever does."

If you were told they would call you and they didn't, you were right to call. I think you'd be within your rights to call and complain.

Anonymous said...

Umm...yeah. What a Bitch!

I don't think it's too much to ask them to actually do their job.