Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just my luck

As we got into bed yesterday night, JD turned to me and very, very seriously said "I'll still love you when you're bald, but it's going to take a little time to get used to."

Houston, I think we have a problem.

To start, I am most definitely not bald. I have always had super-thin, limp brown hair. That's why I dye it - it's so terribly boring as is. It is in fact limp enough that curls just fall out of it after a couple of minutes. As do ponytails. But in the past few weeks it has been thinning. A lot. Especially just above my forehead (i.e. the most noticeable place). I keep reading about how pregnancy is supposed to give you lush, flowing hair. I've even read some very scientific-sound explanations about vitamins, etc. And then your hair is supposed to fall out after birth, and then regrow.

So where does that leave me? Rapidly thinning hair, soon to be completely bald? At least JD plans on sticking around.

5 comments:

LadyofAvalon56 said...

While pregnant with my twins, I lost a TON of hair. I have always had a lot of fine hair that curls, etc...but when I was pregnant with them, it all fell out. I swear, I couldn't even put it up in a ponytail because there was so little of it. After the kids were born, it grew back in even thicker!

Some people lose hair during pregnancy and others lose it after. Don't worry. It'll come back. :)

Anonymous said...

oy

Anonymous said...

Ugh! That stinks. I have the same kind of hair. Damn those hormones!!!

Io said...

Oh, that *stinks*
Well, I guess you're just going to have to roll with the punk rock look.

Geohde said...

I've always shed hair like crazy- I have lots of it and shed LOTS. It's been no different in pregnancy, theories about hair entering a prolonged growing phase (before dropping out after delivery) aside.

J