Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I do wonder

if my sudden and rather strong urge to foster a puppy tonight relates to any of the following:

a. nesting
b. boredom at working at home everyday and knowing only a handful of people in City X
c. the cute 8-week-old puppy at a dinner party we went to last week
d. um, nesting?

JD and I couldn't possibly torture a puppy, let alone a grown dog, with our NYC apartment. And I honestly don't want the responsibility of a dog; I really enjoy our indigent lifestyle too much. But a puppy for the rest of the summer would be incredible! So keep your fingers crossed that we are deemed responsible enough to foster an abandoned puppy.

If only this description would be sufficient in the future when we are ready to adopt a real, live, needy child: Unemployed bored graduate student seeks small furry animal to keep her company on the couch from 8 am to 6 pm while husband earns a living and she attempts to compose a brilliant dissertation. Hardwood floors and total lack of furniture in the apartment make toilet training and crating irrelevant. Couple have never owned a pet of any sort before,* but they are very good with the google and fully intend to depend on wikipidea and other such reliable sources for all necessary parenting advice.

*
as adults, I had every pet under the sun as a child from frogs to lizards to chickens

1 comment:

Io said...

Oh, a foster pup is a great solution! I hope somebody lends you a dog!