Disclaimer: this post is nothing bot a whine about trivial things.
I had such high hopes for the 2nd trimester. And I really thought that by week 15 any of these 3 items would have returned/appeared:
a. Energy. It's 11 am and I just got out of bed. I took naps both Saturday and Sunday afternoon. When am I supposed to finish my work?
b. My s.ex dri.ve. Gone. 100%. Which is more than a bit sad given that this is the first time in years that we're actually living together. Oh, and the fact that we just got married has JD mumbling quietly about the matter at least every few days ...
c. My confidence that I get a real, live, kicking baby at the end of this. So I puked for the first time on Sunday afternoon. On the boardwalk of South Mia.mi. Beach. Enroute to an expensive, fancy lunch (which I heartily enjoyed less than 20 minutes after puking). And then I had lower back pain. And I immediately started thinking what I should do if I was losing the baby. Of course, the lower back pain could easily come from 5 hours in the car and the puking could just as easily have been related to the heat. But I've been worried ever since. Still considering calling my ob/gyn to go in for a quick doppler. And I can't even stress aloud to JD because he gets even more upset than I am (largely I think because he's still not all that well-informed about the real risks, but maybe just because he gets more worried). My symptoms this weekend: one quick puke into a boardwalk trash can and slight lower back pain? Which is to say not much, and I'm still worried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well, I'm thinking a and b have to be crappy, but bode well for c...
hope you get in for a doppler soon.
Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too well. Hope you're feeling better soon!
I am sorry your stress and worry are still there. I think when the stakes are high, and the pregnancy is hard-won, it means that we take every little thing much more seriously. Which you are absolutely entitled to do!!!
There is nothing wrong with calling the doctor and asking to be seen -- YOU are in charge! Keep being that Mama Tiger that you already are ;o)
Post a Comment