Tuesday, July 15, 2008

One month

Of happy married life. And here I am balding and packing on the pounds. But it's been good.

I don't think I ever wrote about this, but I meant to because it cracked me up. The Tuesday after our wedding JD and I went to the building manager's office to give notice on moving back to NYC. JD was not the most enthusiastic guy about sharing the news that we were getting married ("I didn't think people would be that interested") I thought he might want to tell his landlord. She sits in an office in the front of the building so we both see her several times a day and she's very chatty. So I said to him, don't you have something to share? And instead of mentioning that we got married over the weekend, JD just points at my belly. Not what I was expecting at all.

Well, I don't think it's much of a secret anymore. Here is a self-portrait of a tummy at 17 weeks (sorry about the light, I'll see if JD will retake it when he gets home). I think it's fair to say I'm 'showing.'

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

cute!!!!!!

Jen said...

that's a really cute story. :)

Pufferfish said...

That's is funny! Wow, you are really showing now aren't you? Are you back in NYC? I hope that you are enjoying it!

Samantha said...

Great belly pic!