Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Oh my gosh Oh my gosh

I found it. the one. I am so very excited. I am of course waiting for another 2 shipments of bras, and I would love it to have more than one style to wear, but for now this is it:

The Fancee Free Underwire Nursing Bra

It meets all my criteria:
- Size 34G
- Underwire
- T-shirt bra (i.e. no lace, so I can wear it under clothes I actually own)
- No lines
- Nursing bra (I wasn't so much looking for a nursing bra, but it does mean that I'll be able to buy a lot more of these. I would have felt extravagant buying 4 non-nursing bras for the next 4 months, but given that I'll be traveling for 3.5 weeks it certainly will be more convenient. I am however still puzzled as to the purpose of 'nursing bras' in my size. When you are a G cup, having that most br.ea.st tumble through the opening just doesn't seem practical or modest by anyone's standard - it really looks no different than if I just unhooked the back. But maybe I'll discover the convenience later).

The store is birthandbaby.com (thank you internets). It's a very small store which means that several items I ordered were on backorder, but they also called to check if I wanted to change colors in order to get items earlier (um, yes!) and told me to call back after I received the first two bras and they would adjust the rest of my order. Great customer service.

In other, much less appropriate bre.as.t news, I have discovered a new and odd feature of my expanding upper-mid-body. My breasts are now a truly incredible 23" circumference at the base (as measured very roughly by me with the aid of a ribbon just now). And since I don't have much feeling in them I don't really notice how I stuff them into my current ill-fitting bras ... which means that I can at times have my nipples pointing in completely opposite directions:
i.e. one stuck on my armpit, the other pointing straight up at my chin
I'd never noticed before because it never showed, but now, when I walk into a cold room or through the freezer section of the supermarket or even into the elevator in our apartment building, JD will occasionally give me a rather perturbed look and whisper 'Can't you fix that?' I have to admit, it is an odd effect. I really wish I could post a photo to show you how disconcerting it is, but sadly my slim remnants of modesty don't allow it (but maybe I'll accidentally post one in the next belly shot).

5 comments:

Samantha said...

Come on, show us a picture! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay. I totally want to see a pic of that. :)

Yay!!! to finding a bra.

Just Me. said...

Yes, would like so that picture!!!

tobacco brunette said...

I've seen that happen to other well-endowed women when I'm out and about. I always wonder if I should "point" it out. Would you want to know?

Glad relief is on its way - hope you enjoy your Fancee Frees.

Ms. Perky said...

"When you are a G cup, having that most br.ea.st tumble through the opening just doesn't seem practical or modest by anyone's standard - it really looks no different than if I just unhooked the back."

It does look different, and it's more COMFORTABLE to use the nursing bra than to just unhook your bra, and far more CONVENIENT. Trust me. I'm not a G, but I'm pretty close, particularly when I haven't nursed for a while, and trust me, you want the nursing bra.