We're back in Europe. Feeling very much like my current gmail status "invisible." Having a small tiff with the husband which is basically just the culmination of having only got one nap and very little extra night sleep time during my long-anticipated vacation. Nothing serious but I'm obviously still peeved. And it peeves me even more that JD doesn't understand that my trips to visit friends, including our fabulous exotic vacation this spring, are more relaxing than going home because my friends who have kids totally understand that I don't want to talk about what's for dinner and I really do appreciate the chance to nap.
New topic.
New years resolutions. I don't usually do them just because we're flooded with new years (secular, Rosh Hashanah and Chinese) but I've been feeling inspired reading other peoples. So this year I will attempt to:
1. write more paper letters, especially thank you notes
2. cook more meals which need to be served in more than one dish (i.e. make things like salads, sides, desserts to go with the entre)
3. whine less
In the spirit of delurking week, I'd love to know if you're reading this blog and haven't been commenting. Although honestly I read many blogs on which I never comment. A few I commented 10+ times without the other blogger hoping over to my blog so I stopped commenting (but not reading if it's interesting). The other blogs I read are not infertility blogs. I read several big family blogs because I find them fun and I do someday hope to find myself in that category by some means which probably will not include my hard-to-find eggs and also a bunch of photography blogs because I love taking photos. Actually JD and I share an interest in photography and we make a fabulous team. He looks at a good photo and starts talking about the light and the aperture and I looked at it and say 'I love the soft white dress with cardigan and hair clip look.' So that's my de-lurking confession, but I'd still love to know who is reading.
Tomorrow I'll tell you all about how my daughter failed her first school test. In the finest of styles.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I'm no lurker! Sorry you didn't get your naps. Naps are the name of the game!
Okay, I admit it, I am a lurker, but not for long. I just came across your blog about a week ago. But, it's been nice getting to know you!
I've occasionally commented, but I mostly lurk. I'm fascinated by women who are able to work and deal with kiddos by themselves because damn, I'm fairly certain that I couldn't do it.
I've been lurking a bit while I catch up with all my unread posts.
I come out and comment every once in awhile, but mostly lurk.
I'm a bit of a lurker. I've commented once or twice. I found your blog very early in my IF journey and we have a similar diagnosis. But what I really liked was your writing style and how together you seemed with the cross-country babymaking, pre-marriage IF treatment, and multi-cultural family issues.
I've commented ocassionaly, but mostly just enjoy your stories. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment