Monday, January 25, 2010

Mostly thawed out

currently serving as the best human pacifier ever. It turns out that 3 days sans heat will give you the most awful head cold ever. And exactly 12 hours after I finally felt well enough to go out and brave the world, the fusspot came down with a 104 fever. Day 2 of 'the great fever #5' and she's still miserable. Hopefully it's just my cold (she is very congested), but I also have suspicions that the persistent ye.ast infection (weird daycare disease #9, but who's keeping track?) could have become a UTI (thanks to 3 mini accidents yesterday and today).

Hey, at least we're getting a brand new heating system on Thursday.

Thoughts to come on talking to my mother about Project 2.0, worries about co-parenting, and meal plans for the future. Oh, and small vs. large stroller in the capital of gelato and pizza. But not until a certain someone releases me from human pacifier duties.

3 comments:

kate said...

YAY for heat! But sucks that both you and the fusspot were/are sick.

I don't know much about co-parenting yet. Meal plans are usually hastily put together each weekend, and generally involve whatever recipes from Cooking Light appear to be easy enough that my lazy pregnant self (or H's Almost-Never-Cooks self) can take care of them on a weeknight, so lately, I'm not much use there, either.

And I don't have much experience yet with using a stroller, but I did put together the tandem behemoth my MIL gave the twins for their New Year's present (duuuude. that one was a stretch for a gift-giving occasion...), and that SOB is HEAVY. Really, really heavy. I haven't put humans in it and pushed it around, but I can tell you that I can barely lift it, which doesn't seem like it will work for us. But, every other twin stroller I've held is just as heavy. I guess it needs to be to hold two of them, right? So, with my terribly limited experience, go with a small stroller, just for ease of getting on and off public transit, etc.

jenn said...

ugh- I hate the cold boob! I get it far less often these days with pumpkin, but enough that I (kind of) feel your pain. Just not the head cold pain because that freaking sucks! Feel better soon!
Co-parenting, eh? As in partners working together... In which case it is again like we are mirrors since the hub & I are facing this issue now with the (mild) discipline a 10 month old seems to require. It's eye opening to how much of an on-going discussion it really is.
Meal planning- no help here- as the only money maker I am surprised to come home most nights to a hot meal thought out by the hub. (and yes- I know & thank my lucky stars every single day for him)

And the small stroller. definitely. I found it much easier to travel with an umbrella fold up because even if she was out of it & strapped to me I could pile on top of it, but it wasn't so heavy that I couldn't carry/maneuver. This was for our trip to nyc on trains, so probably not ~all~ that similar, but there are some tight spaces to maneuver in midtown as I am sure you know. She seemed pretty comfy & slept in it too. And it was way easier to steer!

Kristi said...

I am looking forward to your meal-planning post -let me know when it's up. I need all the help in that area that I can get.

Hope you warm up soon, and brrr...freezing boob.