American readers may not have heard that Europe is in the middle of an unusually cold and unusually long cold spell. Cold enough to freeze the water in the park in front of our house so that 100+ people could play on it. Rather cold.
And I'd been feeling colder at night too. Colder and colder ... [ominious background music].
Yup. Our heater is broken. NO heat. The joys of renting in a new city. Apparently it may get fixed tomorrow. Yesterday night I put the fusspot in a long-sleeve onesie, fleece pjs, 2 sleep sacks and then snuggled her up next to me in bed. And while I'm sure she was plenty warm enough, let me assure you a rather critical part of my body landed up exposed all night long and I did not feel so great when I woke up. So I'll be back to regular posting just as soon as my left nipple thaws.
(And yes, it is an attached house so I don't think it's really cold enough to be dangerous inside. Just cold enough to keep us quadruple wrapped and snug under the covers from the moment we finish dinner until we have to venture out in the morning).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I've been thinking about you guys. H's dad has been giving us regular weather updates from that general region, and his assessment is PLEASE NO MORE SNOW! It's funny, because their area doesn't usually get so much cold and snow so early, so even though they are used to much more of that type of weather than we are, they are really sick of it.
Poor left nipple. I hope you find a less-frozen solution soon (or that your landlord fixes the danged heat SOON).
Post a Comment