The good: The fusspot had her 12 month check-up yesterday and seems to be growing quite well. As predicted, 30th percentile for height (up from 17th last time!), 30th for weight, and 91st for head circumference. My baby can out-cartoon character even her stuffed animals. Think something like a Sanrio character: short, fairly thin with an extra-large-sized head.
I do also love being back in NYC. When I told the pediatrician that we were taking the fusspot off on our fabulous vacation, she said with a great deal of confidence that she has a favorite pharmacy for mixing anti-malarials for babies, did I mind going to a different neighborhood to pick them up?
The great: Um, apparently ... while I didn't notice because I have no scale or big mirror in Lalaland ... I've shrunk. To a size 4. Many, many new clothes were purchased to celebrate this fact. Here's to hoping none of them fit come summertime.
The terrifying: First blood draw of Project 2.0. And all of the waves of fear and terror came back as I was waiting for the blood draw (mind you, I didn't flinch during my 3 shots in the 10 minutes prior, this has nothing to do with needles) and even more so when I opened the e-mail with the results the next day. But folks, we now have a baseline prolactin for me (although apparently prolactin levels vary widely depending on the time of day, whether the baby is latched on, etc.) and if it drop significantly when I day wean the fusspot this spring (i.e. stop pumping) then I may have an argument for starting fertility meds before she is 100% weaned. The doctor very nicely pulled up a bunch of studies on prolactin levels but I have yet to find one on "extended nursing" (the definition of post-12 month nursing) and fertility that looked reliable (and yes, I am that woman who asked around in my GPs office to find the doctor who went through IF treatments and will thus write me scripts for lab tests on my own request, trusting that I've done the research).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, if you've shrunk that much I am wondering what you weigh now, since I know that was on your mind and a goal of yours (you don't have to hare number, just pointing it out, that's all).
Great job on the "shrinking!" This whole nursing thing really rocks for that. Haha. :-)
I am honestly a bit jealous of your Project 2.0 plans. /sigh/ Dave has said that we aren't cycling this year, and that's the smart thing (I would really like to have my MA done before we cycle again)... But, it doesn't make me want it any less. I found out yesterday that another really close friend of mine is expecting, and it's amazing how hard it is.... /sigh/ IF blows.
Please share the extended nursing info if you find it!
It's nice to hear from you; I've missed your updates the past little bit. :-)
Wow! All that walking and bike riding,and whatever else, has really paid off!
Good luck with fp 2.0!
Wow- so much great news! Go Fusspot/anime girl ;)
And good job unconsciously shrinking- want to send some of that mojo my way, haha!
Here's hoping 2010 brings project 2.0 into full steam & that you need yet another new wardrobe!
Post a Comment